Saturday 11 July 2015

Vibes of the Summer


Summer sometimes feels as if it simply a feeling rather than anything tangible. It is a mix of events and emotion reactions to that perfect summer painting in a gallery or that perfect dress off of the runway or from free people, it's the appearance of a flower in your mother's garden and a song that becomes your anthem. It's a cliche! But it is what it is.

I've been pretty obsessed with this spot in my garden recently, truthfully it's right outside the back door and there is a conveniently located bench to sit on, drink coffee and wake up. It's peaceful and I love to watch all of the bugs attacking the lavender. I have also developed an obsession with photographing it and sketching it. It's kind of my muse. The other day I was doing such wearing this monki dress and though "hey this dress and this lavender look cool together". Maybe it's the contrast between the Western style lavender and Eastern print of the dress or the way that the shapes in the print interacts with the shapes of the lavender. Either way these photos happened capturing a moment and another dress I love (I promise I wear other things but dresses). The idea worked out well, I love how the capture my current mindset and style I guess. 

This song has been my vibe of late, I'm not sure it is my summer anthem, but I do like it a lot.

Swim deep - To my Brother


Dress- Monki (via ebay) | Shoes- Doc Martin | Jacket - Vintage

No comments :

Post a Comment